During the vacation we had a meeting of interested people and Splendour in the Class is definitely taking off on 27th July with an amazing opening night of presentations and ideas within the Newcastle School site in Union Street, Cooks Hill.
Then, on Saturday 28th, we’ll be expanding on some of the ideas and adding others in a parallel workshop and barcamp program.
We want your ideas for a program of one hour workshops.
These workshops will be scheduled to run from:
- 10.30am to 11.30am
- 11.30am to 12.30pm
- 1.30pm to 2.30pm and
- 2.30pm to 3.30pm
We will have up to five classroom sized spaces available to use as workshop spaces.
You don’t have to be a school based teacher to suggest workshop activities.
- Maybe you are linked with a gallery, museum or activity centre and have some great ways to share that people can use your resources and space.
- Maybe you are a pocket film maker who is keen to share ways that you think teachers could work with young people to enable them to use digital media production as a way to enhance their learning.
- Perhaps you are a local historian who is keen to take a group on a quick street walk and then workshop possible lesson activities to increase awareness of the factors of change in built environments.
- Or, you could be interested in talking to teachers about ways that they can incorporate creative playmaking into their learning sequences.
- And, you might simply have some great ideas, tools, tips and tricks which work for you and which you’d like to share with others. Please do!
So, the possibilities are endless. Please remember that this whole festival is about ‘Future Schooling: Imagining the Possibilities….‘ So, let’s not be restricted to a view of what’s been done before. Feel free to pitch your idea.
Please use the ‘Add Proposal’ tab above to enter the information we need to know so that we can develop a workshop program and the opportunity for people to plan and book their learning.
If you’d like to propose more than one workshop, then please submit a separate form for each proposal.